When it comes to choosing your vacation destiny, there are many factors that you have to take into consideration. First of all, everyone likes to go somewhere they have not been to before so they can spend their time exploring a new part of the world. Not many people like to stay in the inside and watch tv while they are on holiday and truth is, even if you do, it's not as good for your health as you might think. Usually people are on vacation ones or twice per year at most, so make the most of it, like cruising along the Mississippi with Mississippi Explorer river cruises.
Recent studies have shown that traveling not only relaxes the brain and increases the secretion of the happiness hormones, it also helps the body to recover faster, when you are enjoying your time on vacation as compared to at home.
When it comes to traveling inside the US there are thousands of amazing locations that you can visit, however not every location will be able to offer you an experience, where you can relax on the one hand and still go sightseeing and have an adventure on the other. One of the vacation locations that will be able to offer you that kind of experience are our river cruises.
First and foremost all our river cruises offer a package deal, where you can relax and enjoy the scenery and partake in many on and offshore excursions, as well. Our passengers tell us that our cruises have a unique vibe to them, where the old is mixed with the new, so there is something for everybody to experience.
Customer satisfaction is very important to us. Therefore our crew members are available to you 24 hours a day. The crew will make sure that you don't have to worry about anything, so you can fully enjoy the journey with high-quality food made by professional master chefs and free housekeeping service whenever needed.
We already know that an exciting and at the same time relaxing vacation does good on your well-being. Let's have a look at how our river cruises fulfill these criterias. Our cruises include:
- Family friendly on and offshore excursions that offer an exciting change to the relaxing cruise
- 1st class service and a crew that is available to you around the clock (with free room service)
- Entertaining live music (country, jazz, blues and more) in the evenings
- Superb cuisine with varying 3 to 5-course-menues with healthy ingredients from regional growers
We would be so excited to welcome you on one of our cruises this season! If you would like to get more information, check out our booking schedule. You can get your own free cruise guide brochure from us here and contact us with any enquiry you might have on this page.
We wish all our readers a great vacation - The Mississippiexplorer Team!
Going on a Mississippi Explorer river cruise means going on an exciting journey with lots of things to see, learn and experience. Going on a Mississippi Explorer river cruise also means entering a very sensitive ecosystem and it is our top priority to conserve it the way it is - with all its wildlife and flora, its scenic backwaters, remote wetlands and creeks. Naturally, this is not an easy task! But there are certain precautions we can take to ensure that entering the Mississippi ecosystem goes without leaving a footprint.
The United States of America is one of the greatest countries in the world in so many ways. One of it is its great history that one can look back on and learn from. We as a company take pride in our part of preserving this history.
Nature conservation on the one, history preservation on the other hand; both equally important. The question is how can we balance the two? By refurbishing old paddlewheelers in an authentic way and modernizing them with up-to-date technology, we can guarantee that history will not be forgotten, but we can also reduce the negative impact this ships originally had on our environment significantly. The following list explains some of the measures we take in more detail:
- We use the same kinds of wood for the inside and outside of our boats, that were originally used in the past. To seal all wood that gets in contact with water, we use a special finish that mainly consists of natural ingredients. Our highly specialized contractor is the #1 expert for boat refurbishment out there. Covers for upholstered furniture are also replicas of original fabrics.
- Energy efficient water purification systems are installed on each of our ships to recycle wastewater and make it safe for human consumption. In just one day the ship can completely filtrate the water that is on board. Using the technology we don't have to drain any water into the Mississippi river.
- All rooms were designed to meet the style that brings history to life. Thereby we still had a focus on comfort and a feel-good effect.
- With our superb cuisine we combine traditional food with regional growers that provide us with fresh and local ecological fruits, vegetables, etc. every day.
- Wildlife specialists and historians are part of our crew and will provide you with insights about the life of ancient animal species that have belonged to the Mississippi river ecosystem for millions of years, such as the Mississippi map turtle, to bring awareness to the fact that many of these species are endangered today.
If you are eager to learn more about nature and wildlife conservation, you can visit the official website of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (link). The National Park Service provides more information for anybody who is interested in historical and cultural stories of the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area (link).
#1 in Wildlife Cruises on the Mississippi River!
At Mississippi Explorer Cruises, we want you to come and explore the Mississippi River as you never have before, from the decks of our exquisite Mississippi Explorer riverboats with our once-in-a-lifetime Riverboat Cruises & Tours. Our cruises are centered around the amazing diversity and ecology that only the Upper Mississippi National Wildlife and Fish Refuge offers. We take our passengers off the beaten track of the rivers main-channel and into the backwaters of the Mississippi - much like a relaxing drive down a scenic country road! See more than what the main-channel restricted competitors could ever hope to show you. With great locations and many other "stopping points" on the Mississippi River, we hope you think of us for your next family, business or group event. Please click on the area under OUR PORTS that you are interested in for schedules, prices, maps, and other helpful information. We are also excited to announce that you are able to now buy your reservations online! Book a cruise and tour from Prairie du Chien, WI or Lansing, IA, and come explore with us!
Scheduled and Charter cruises from the Ports of:
"Greetings, my family and I were thrilled with our experiences with Mississippi Explorer Cruises on July 5th with the tour to Sny Magill Mounds. I cannot say enough how much fun we had. We were the ones with the young kids who camped out in the front of the boat. It was the highlight of our trip. We will definitely be back and will encourage all our friends and family to go on one of your cruises. Ranger Merle was a treasure. And you, Captain Jack, were a great source of info on the river, its wildlife and the life working on the river. My wife and I are already seriously considering a weekend this fall on the river. Thank you so much for the great trip!"
Public Cruises, Tours & Private Charters on the Mississippi River
Mississippi Explorer Cruises offers scheduled Wildlife Cruises, Sunset Wildlife Cruises, Autumn Wildlife Cruises, Group Tours, and Private Charters on the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge. Complete public cruise schedules, prices, and cruise descriptions are listed under each specific port.
Private charters and group tours are available to groups of 20 and more. Click on Contact Us for more information.
Private Charter Options Include: