Welcome Aboard!Mississippi Explorer Cruises offers Historical and Wildlife Cruises/Eco-Tours upon the backwaters of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge. River cruises range in length from 2 hours up to all day.
Charter cruises are customized to your groups needs. Port of departure, times, routes, and length of trip.....you decide!!!!! However, we will assist you in putting a package together! Our company employs a "hands on" approach and we'll be there on the boat with you!
Our cruises are ideal for Explorers of all ages...ranging from Student field trips to Senior outings.
Our Port Locations
• La Crosse, Wisconsin
• Lansing, Iowa
• Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin
• Galena, Illinois
Operating Season & Hours
Operating Season: Mid-April through Mid-November
MISSISSIPPI EXPLORER riverboats are uniquely designed and capable of navigating areas of the Mississippi Wildlife Refuge.
Our single deck, enclosed vessel offer your group event semi-protection from the cold, heat and inclement weather. Restrooms are located onboard.
Vessel passenger capacities range from 20 up to 98 and our boats are handicap assessible.
• All vessels are U.S. Coast Guard inspected.
• Our Captains are licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard.
• Our Crewmembers are enrolled in a U.S. Coast Guard drug testing program.
Themed Cruises & Special Events
Year Round Highlights: There is a variety of catered food services available and we've worked with several fast-food restaurants for onboard catered events. We've found that lap lunches/picnic lunches work great on longer excursions (3-5 hours) and finger foods best on shorter tours (1-2 hours). Please feel free to contact us for meal and restaurant suggestions or do it take care of the process yourself! We have placed an interactive map, courtesy of Google Maps, at the bottom of our "OUR PORT" pages.
Sightseeing Cruises, River History Cruises, Bird-Watching Cruises (Great Blue Herons, Bald Eagles, Egrets, & more), Bald Eagle & Eagle Nest Cruises, Lock and Dam Cruises, and popular Storytelling Cruises.
Meals & Food Service availability:
7. What about parking and drop off fees - are there any?
• No. We have onsite and free parking at all of our locations.
8. Is there a charge for bus drivers and tour guide/group leaders?
• No. We provide complimentary tickets for one bus driver and one tour operator per bus.
1. Is the boat stable in the water?
• Yes. The U.S. Coast Guard requires stringent stability design, testing, and annual inspections.
2. Is the boat covered or otherwise protected from the elements?
• Yes. Our specially designed, single deck, enclosed vessels offer your group protection from the cold, heat, and other inclement weather.
3. Can the boat be heated and/or air conditioned?
• Yes. Some of our smaller boats are completely "open-air", however, these boats are only used if specifically requested.
4. Are there restrooms aboard?
5. How are the boats laid out?
• On our two larger boats, the Mississippi 3 and 7, the single-level deck comfortably accommodates up to 60 seated passengers. Amenities include: sun decks, spacious cabins, service bars, heater/air conditioner systems, large viewing windows, restrooms, PA/music systems, carpet, seating, AC power and more. Our boats are designed to be the best "sightseeing" boats with no frills or tricks! What you see is what you get and what you get is a Mississippi riverboat experience on the water!
Reservations and Information
There is a variety of catered food services available and we've worked with several fast-food restaurants for onboard catered events. We've found that lap lunches/picnic lunches work great on longer excursions (3-5 hours) and finger foods best on shorter tours (1-2 hours). Please feel free to contact us for meal and restaurant suggestions or do it take care of the process yourself!
We have placed an interactive map, courtesy of Google Maps, at the bottom of our "OUR PORT" pages.